Saturday, June 1, 2013

Natchez, MS and State Park campground

Natchez, MS  Hi 90  Lo 74
I loved the roadway into Natchez, MS.   The middle pic shows the crossing over the mighty Mississippi River during some rain.  After the heat of the last few weeks it was so nice to have the rain. The sign there shows the fuel at $3.38
Natchez is the beginning of the 444 mi of the Natchez Trace Parkway.  The visitor center is large and has a lot to see. In the third pic you can see the Mississippi River and dark rain clouds.  
Here are more exhibits in the visitor center.
It was so hot and humid that I pushed on to the campground to get plugged in.  This was such a nice spot. 

Here is my view out the back and one side.  You could here the birds and crickets.
There were trails to take.  I started down this one and in a minute or two I walked through a spider web and the spider landed on me and I did the Spider Dance.  Needless to say I turned around and got off the path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment