Sunday, June 9, 2013

Beale Street, Memphis, TN /Corinth, MS / Hurricane Mills TN

(Hurricane Mills, TN)  Hi 83  Lo 64
Downtown Memphis has the Rock N Soul Museum  
I took a free shuttle bus from Graceland area to both the Sun Studio and Beale St area.  The above told the story of the Memphis music history.

 Here is a Gibson Factory.  Above is the famous Silky O'Sullivan's Irish Bar.  He was well liked.  A couple days earlier he passed away and I just happened to show up on the day they were going to have a parade for him.  They blocked off a few blocks.  I tried to get something to eat before the parade and was told no food could be ordered until after the parade.  I waited for over 30 min and then just gave up. The parade got started 30+ min late.  Third pic shows the front of the place.
 He must have been a Shriner cause they were out in force.
 Waiting to order food here.   There were some trolleys that went around downtown.
Further down the road I went through Corinth, MS   I went to the Corinth Civil War Interpretive Center
 The fight in Corinth, MS is connected with the one in Shiloh thats about 30 min away.
Lots of neat things to look at. 
Here is a pic out the back of my rv just minutes before the storm hit.

Here I am at a state park.  Really nice spot.  Most every spot was right on the lake. Out the back window shows you a severe lightning storm I went through.  Several yards away lightning hit a couple different spots and there was a loud bang and bright flash.
I stopped along the parkway during a down pour.  
Here is the resting spot for Meriwether Lewis .   
I decided to get off the Parkway at one point and took a local street.  I saw a young girl at a mailbox and she was wearing an Amish bonnet.  Then a couple miles later I saw this horse and buggy.
I stayed at the Loretta Lynn Ranch  I didn't like where I was placed.  There was a trail ride taking place during the week.  I love horses but because I said I only needed 30 amp and water they put me down in the horse camp area.  I was parked on grass which concerned me when it rained hard in the middle of the night.   Before I fell asleep, it smelled like I was sleeping in a horse barn.  I also couldn't get the wifi.  In the evening I went for a walk to the upper campground that was only about $8 more and had full hook ups.  They had the wifi and were on even concrete slabs.  I stayed only the one night. 

 I chose not to take any of the tours.  No pictures were allowed on the tour.

 Here is Loretta's main house and the mill.
This is a replica of the Butcher Holler home.  











1 comment: