Thursday, June 6, 2013

Graceland (cont)

(Memphis, TN) Hi 80 Lo 66
Above is the burial site for Elvis and his parents.  There is a small stone that represents his twin that did
not make it. This is the Meditation Garden that Elvis had put in during the sixties.  
These next few pics are a special display of items that are only seen by those with a VIP pass.  It is a view of Elvis through the eyes of his daughter Lisa.  Above was a desk of his from upstairs.
Here are some of her items to the left and some of his to the right.
Another building houses a large collection of the vehicles he loved to drive.  He drove golf carts, snowmobiles, go carts, dune buggy and other vehicles all over the property.
The pink Cadillac was a favorite that later he gave to his mother. The second Cadillac was bought in 1956 and originally was white.  He had it painted purple.
First 2 photos are of his main plane and then another smaller one that his manager often used to jet a head to the next town on the tour.
I chose only 3 pics from his larger plane.
Here is my site at the Graceland RV Park.  Just a few yards in front of my rv is the main parking lot for the visitors cars.  Through that lot was the beginning of the attractions.  I wanted to mention my SurgeGuard.  A few days earlier I woke to find the electricity going off and on.  The SurgeGuard shuts of the power to the rv if there is an open neutral, high or low voltage and reverse polarity.  It must have been doing that all night cause my refrigerator and freezer were not cold.  The unit will try to reset itself
over and over again.  The very next campground I tried to plug into wouldn't let the electricity go through.  It said there was reverse polarity.   I moved to another spot and all was good.  Its good to have this protecting the electrical system or I could have thousands of dollars in damage. It can fry all the permanent appliances and anything else that is plugged in.

No comments:

Post a Comment