Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Santa Barbara and Disneyland

( Santa Barbara, CA area)  Hi 71  Lo 58
Above is my spot at the Santa Maria Elks Lodge.  They had some FHU's and some with just electric/water.  I believe there were also sites for boondocking.  It was warm out but not too bad.
Since I didn't have transportation I really didn't go anywhere. I drove here from Ridgecrest.
I was so glad to get back inland where the weather was more bearable. I drove down to Santa Barbara
and found a site in town for $50 a night.  I stayed there for 9 nights visiting friends and family. I had taken pictures but can't seem to find them.  
My son and I took the rv down to Anaheim and stayed at Anaheim Resort RV Park.  It looked 
nice and clean.  Lots of sites and had a pool and hot tub. My main complaint was that the wifi
was no good in our spot.  As I walked my laptop towards a bathhouse several yards away, the wifi
connection got better.   As I walked back to the rv and walked in, the wifi was almost non existent.  I finally just gave up.  They advertise that a shuttle bus comes onto the property that takes you to Disney.  
What they fail to mention is that it is a separate charge.  All in all, I would still stay there again.   

Here is the Cars ride at California Adventure.  We waited in line 2 hrs and even though the ride was fun it just wasn't worth that wait.  We got there too late to get a Fast Pass.  We spent 2 days at Disneyland and one at California Adventure. 

Star Tours




Jungle Tour
Here is Baby trying to take a nap.
Downtown L.A. on our way home.


I bought a couple boxes to help with organization and Baby feels the need to help.
Sold above bike during my stay here.  I need to get another bike that can go over rougher ground. 
I got 5 nights at the Santa Barbara Elks Lodge.  It's $25. a night.  More rigs came and left.
There were 3 other Lazy Daze rv's there during that time.  

I spent 2 nights in Ventura County on the Rincon Parkway.  There are 127 spots and they are first come first serve.  Continued in next post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment