Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Rincon Parkway Ventura CA

( Ventura County)  Hi 68   Lo  57
I got one of the 127 spots at Rincon Parkway in Ventura County, CA
You had to climb down the rocks to the beach.
It was overcast every morning.  Through out the whole day you saw a combination
of people fishing, kids boogie boarding, surfers, and castle makers.
It's $28 for a 24 hr period.  Not easy to find a spot.  I passed one but I was going the wrong way.
I continued on to find a turn around point.  But when I saw an rv coming the other direction I just made that u-turn right there.  7-day limit during the good season.

View from one end of the parkway
A few yards south there is another area for camping. It's Faria County Beach Park.  Also
a first come first serve.  

They have a snack bar that serves breakfast and lunch until 4p.  I had a breakfast burrito and a cheeseburger.  Friday night they had a luau with lots of food and music from what I heard.  This camping area is $31 - $53 Some spots are no hookups and some  have FHU's (cable) and restrooms with showers. 

Here is the menu.  
Hobson Beach camping is north of the parkway.

Awkward to drive in just to look around for a spot.

Baby looking out from above cab.  He enjoyed this place cause there was so much 
going on outside.

Looking out the bedroom side window with screen open.
Each site had their own fire pits.
Taking a nap

I saw a few dolphins swimming by.  At times there were squadrons of pelicans
flying by but I wasn't fast enough to take a picture.
With the fog coming in it made for interesting sunsets.



3 comments:

  1. Great photos, they brought back memories. I love parking by the beach.

    When I first got my RV, I used to park along the 101 in Carlsbad, CA on the weekends. I'd get there super early Saturday morning to get the spot I wanted, then enjoy the whole day there, leave after dark, go to a parking lot near where I lived and stealth camp overnight. Set the alarm for 6 am and drive back to the beach on Sunday. All free!

    California's paid RV sites are just too expensive. At least in Southern CA and the SF Bay Area. But occasionally, how could you pass up a site on the beach? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I really enjoyed that spot. I will have to go back again. I guess I am just use to the price it costs to live in southern CA.

    ReplyDelete