Sunday, August 11, 2013

Layover in Santa Barbara

(Santa Barbara, CA)  Hi  77 Lo  57


Last week I went down to the Lazy Daze factory in Montclair, CA.  I had questions about things to see if things were as they should be.  The only thing that needed adjusting was the side door.  Now it closes snuggly on the top.  I bought some stud extenders for the wheels.  Above is another Lazy Daze rv that I  followed up the freeway for a while. They continued on when I got off the freeway.

As I was going down to the factory I saw this student driver car.  Only in L.A. are you going to find 
a BMW as a student driver car.  

I have found my mode of transportation.  It is an electric bike.
Prodeco has many types of e-bikes.  You really can't hear the bike
as you go down the road except for the tires on the road.
I charged it up,after a long ride, right in the rig.  The manual says it takes
about 5.5 hrs to charge.  You can also charge the battery off the bike. 
Throttle is easy to use. The lights to left let you know how much 
power is left.  
Distance per charge should be 28-38 miles.  You can help it along by coasting 
down hill and helping by pedaling up a bit.  

Here are the stud extenders I bought.  They need to go on the 
wheels so that the hub caps won't shift while driving and shear off
the tire valves.

Here is what it looks like when you put on the extenders.

Time to move on.  It costs $50 a day to stay here.
I will be leaving this area on Monday and heading towards Sunnyvale, CA to spend the night 
at a family members place to visit.  I need to be in Olema, CA by Thursday. 





3 comments:

  1. Sara, I know the Ladeze will want to see your extenders and how they work with the valve stems...I hope you'll Show & Tell!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Ladeze want to see the dashboard camera setup I think you're using to grab some of those through the windshield photos. Traveling solo too, I've often wished I could grab a snapshot of something passing by. You've found the trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok KEL I have to admit I don't have a set up. That has been something I have
      thought about though.

      Delete