Friday, May 3, 2013

Traveling east on I-10

(Tonopah, AZ)   Hi 93  Lo  57    
My first night on the road was in Banning CA.  As I came near the city I could see and smell smoke.
There was a wildfire going that burned over 3000 acres. My campground was not affected.  I ended up needing to stay another night because of the high winds.  I was not really happy there.  I was placed between 2 permanent residents.  They didn't bother me but I didn't feel comfortable.  I left Friday for Tonopah AZ   It was about a four hour drive.  This place is sparse but clean.   There are buildings for activities.   I got hooked up and there are many over-the-air TV channels.  The A/C is running full blast.  The regular price for this place is $32 but because I have my Passport America card it is only costing me $16.  Not a bad deal.  
 Here is the sun setting in Banning.   Baby has found himself a place to be while traveling.  He has adjusted very well.
 Below is my place for the night.   I now have someone on the far side.  Many large rigs pulled in after I did.  The office closes at 2:30p.   I made it in before that so I didn't have to self register.
Stopped for a sandwich at Subway for lunch.  Next time I will stop
an hour before that and beat the lunch rush.   I drove on further and
ate at a rest area.

10 comments:

  1. Really nice rig! Welcome to your new life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting your feet wet, Lots to learn in the first few weeks, but it won't be long before you'll be a seasoned veteran. Welcome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking motor home. Welcome to life on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you liking the Lazy Days? We don't like to drive in the wind either but with its lower profile, the LD is a lot easier to drive than some. Hope you are getting all the kinks worked out and are enjoying your rig. Baby looks comfy and right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, then, you were only about 30 minutes away from us! We are down by Indio, CA...Yes, the winds have been horrible. They are fanning the wildfires here in California. I like your motorhome. Is the slideout for an eating area?
    Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an optical illusion. There are no slide outs. The door is open

      Delete
  6. Arizona has some really nice rest areas (unlike the California ones). I also see that some of them has a residence on site to keep an eye on things. Where are you heading to next?
    Cheryl Ann
    There are some really nice rest areas in the eastern Sierras, however! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am headed to Fort Huachuca/ Tombstone/ then back on the I-10 going east.

      Delete
  7. Sara, Baby is my Norm - got to love the orange tabbies. Glad he has found his niche in the rig too. And delighted to see you are posting to your blog more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will post more when I have regular Internet besides my iPhone.

    ReplyDelete