Saturday, May 18, 2013

Amarillo, Tx / Palo Duro Canyon State Park

(Weatherford, TX)  Hi 94*  Lo 71*

I visited the American Quarter Horse Association Hall of Fame and Museum in Amarillo, TX on Wednesday.  It was a 2 story building.
So many displays about all the famous horses, famous riders, and owners.
They covered all the different activities that are done with the quarter horse.
On the way down into Palo Duro Canyon State Park.  10% grade.  
Took a few walks even though it was real warm.  
Loved the red and green.  There was no cell coverage or OTA TV.
There was a group of wild turkeys that came through my site.  The light was low so didn't get good pictures.  Saw a few deer on my walks.
I finally found a place to do my oil change in Childress, TX.  They were super nice. Here is Baby in the office.  He is not quite sure what was going on.  






4 comments:

  1. I leave my cats in the rig when the rig gets serviced. I put them behind the bathroom door latched open so they have the whole rear to look out. Then give the service people notice NOT to open that door. The cats do much better this way. But I'm impressed Baby is harness trained... Enjoy your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad he gets to get out and explore! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for linking up with Food on Friday. I am receiving so hungry reading all the beautiful dishes. Amarillo roofing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must have been a memorable trip for you! I think this is one of the reasons why a lot of people love going on road trips. Also, it was a good thing that you found a good place to get your oil changed. At least that's one thing you can check out of your maintenance list. Enjoy!

    Abraham Yates @ Apache Oil Company

    ReplyDelete