Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sorting going slowly

It's not easy to get rid of items.  So many are perfectly good and it's against human nature to discard something that still has a function. I am running out of time to get rid of things.  I had wanted to get the house on the market  by June 1st.    Hope I can still do it.  Tonight I got the great idea to start putting items that I don't want directly out on the sidewalk with a FREE sign on them.  So far in two hours, people have come by to take tools including a shovel.  The types of items that are awkward to take to the thrift store.  I will continue to put out items in place of the ones that disappear.  Still will take the easier things to the thrift store.   I am trying to  take a three bedroom 2 bath house and condense it down to about 10' x 10' storage area.   There are about 6 boxes (12 gal plastic ones)of music CD's and pictures that in time I will be able to turn into digital form and that will save space.                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment