Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cleaning Out Kitchen

My main objective today was to start cleaning out the  kitchen.  Took out the majority of items from all the cupboards and put on the counters.  So many things.  Lots of do-dads. So many items that I can't remember using past once or twice.  I either put an item in a box for keep or thrift store or put on the street or tossed it in the trash.  Many food items also needed to be tossed.  It felt good to let things go. I still have the counters filled with items. 

The next thing I did was to take 5 boxes of things to the thrift store.  Glad to pass them on.  

Then I decided to stop by the storage place to check it out.  I wasn't sure I wanted to pay for one now because I didn't feel I would be able to start taking things over for a few days so I didn't want to pay for nothing for that time.  There were 3 10'x10' units left at this place.  The lady told me they start disappearing in June when the students start taking them.  That makes sense with UCSB and SBCC here.  I liked what I saw and she told me I could have the unit now and not start paying for it until June 1. That's two weeks.  That sold me.  So glad this next step is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment