Monday, May 16, 2011

 A few weeks ago I ran into an acquaintance and she asked me "what's new?" ...so I told her my plans on selling the house..retiring and getting an rv and traveling.  Seeing her reaction, you would have thought I told her I was going to buy a '73 VW Van to live in.  She made such a face as if in disgust.  I guess I should be careful with who I tell this to and filter what I do say.  Today I drove around collecting info on storage units.  I got a wide range of costs.  I mentioned I was looking for a 10' x 10' unit.  The first place said they had 5 x 19 for $197.  When I didn't look interested she suddenly mentioned a 5 x 15 for $157. I didn't like the long and narrow type place.  The next place first mentioned a 10 x 10 for $219.  ouch   that one was a drive-up unit. They had no inside units so if someone made it over the fence then technically could then cut off the lock.  I don't really need that.  He then checked the prices of a couple other places that were related and the prices were $170.  I drove by another place without stopping before going home.  I looked them up online and found a 10 x 10 for $155.  I think I will be going for that one.  I will go by tomorrow and see it.  Waiting for the rain to start tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Are those monthly rates? Because, I would expect to hire a lawyer and close for those prices. But, when you need something, you need it.

    It's funny, isn't it, how some people can't censor their own reactions? It's so foreign to them, this thing we want to do, that they can't even get their faces to be happy for us.

    We're happy for you!

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those are the monthly rates for storage units around here.

    ReplyDelete