Sunday, June 2, 2013

Further Up The Natchez Trace Parkway

(Mississippi)
I just couldn't get over the road.  Only now and then did I see other cars.  Not commercial traffic is allowed on the parkway.  At intervals you can turn off to get to other roads.  Some times there might be a mile or two with several cars then they disappear.  
There were many signs along the way that told stories of things that happened near by.  
This was a sign that told of the Battle Of Raymond   Above you can see fuel is down to $3.17
More signs from along the roadway.
Baby and I took a small break at a neat overlook.
 Cypress Swamp was very eerie.  I had never really seen a swamp before.
 Traveling further down the road.  I didn't stop at every road sign.  That would have been just too much.  The French Camp had a sign but there was also a stop in another place but I missed it.
This was one of two campgrounds along the way that had no hookups but were also free.  I could only see one other RV quite a few yards away and about 5 others were around the bend and out of site.






No comments:

Post a Comment